Gods Beauty
So encourage each other to build each other up; just as you are already doing ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11

About Me

My given name is Renee however most of my family and friends call me "Nae" ~ I am a Grateful Christian. I have a son and a daughter who are both attending college and a husband whom I love very much. My professional title is Program Director for an Older Adult Assisted Living Facility. I have a Macaw named Maya, who has a very large vocabulary and keeps us entertained. I love creating things that encourage and raise up people.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time

So - Why is it that I take time for granted? There are so many things I would like to accomplish ~ I'm talking about specific little things like stamping cards for specific people or occasions, making a new calendar, scrap booking, reading some books I ordered and haven't gotten to yet. But when it comes to taking time to be in the Word, I fall sadly short.

I always read my devotional but I'm feeling that that is not enough. Probably because it isn't. I've been feeling more lost and unfocused lately. I know that the thing that has helped me get back on course and given me peace is the Word.

A very good friend of mine passed on a post-it-note that reminds me to "Stay Hungry for the Word" I think I need to go have a little snack :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally understood where you are coming from? So often we come to the word without having our hearts prepared.We come to the word with so many thoughts in our heads, still on what we were doing, and not full focused on the Lord. We need to pray that the Lord inclines our hearts to him when we seek him or else we are going to the word with a closed mind and heart. Read Ps. 119, it is awesome, I just prayer read it before I get into to the word and man God is faithful! Keep digging, keep fighting for your walk!! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger